Saturday, May 06, 2006

Stereotype, begone!

I thought the stereotype was that men didn't really discuss relationships with each other; that it wasn't really very macho. After today though, I've cancelled my subscription to that belief.

This morning, in the gym, I overheard two guys discussing a friend's breakup with a girl and whether or not it was the right decision... all while they were lifting some nice big weights.

Later, I passed two guys on the crosswalk, and one was saying to the other:
"...I mean, I wonder what that relationship is actually like, between those two..."

And later, one guy to another as they walked down the sidewalk behind me:
"... a relationship can't (fu**in') be all about sex, you know? There's gotta be more to it than that..."

So guys do actually think about this relationship stuff after all. Aw, that's nice.

No comments: