Friday, July 14, 2006

Fun with Quotes II

I Googled "Environment Quotes" today to see what I got. Here are some of my favourites from the number one page that popped up, Quotations about the Environment from the Quote Garden:

There's so much pollution in the air now that if it weren't for our lungs there'd be no place to put it all. ~Robert Orben

It wasn't the Exxon Valdez captain's driving that caused the Alaskan oil spill. It was yours. ~Greenpeace advertisement, New York Times, 25 February 1990

Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them. ~Bill Vaughn


I'm starting to feel a bit preachy. Especially since I drove from Toronto to Waterloo and back yesterday - about 100 km each way, and it was just me in the car. Time to go and calculate my ecological footprint or something.

Hm, moving from feeling preachy to guilty... is that really the solution here?

No comments: